24 October 2011
As we approach the mid-term I would like to share with a flavour of the whole school activities that will be taking place in school. Sincere thanks to all in the school community who have contributed to the numerous and varied experiences that the children engage in on a daily basis. Your continued support is very much appreciated!
Diwali Festival of Lights
Greetings to our Hindu pupils and their families on the occasion of Diwali Festival of Lights. We are celebrating Diwali as part of our Learn Together Programme in classes and at school assemblies this week. Thank you Mendula and Porkadi for your guidance and support in organising these celebrations!
Dates for your Diary
Student Council Elections
- To coincide with the Presidential Election taking place Thursday 27th October we will hold our own Student Council elections with a view to engaging children in democracy and to giving children an authentic voice in their school.
Educate Together Fundraising Day – Dress Up Day
- We are very much looking forward to supporting Educate Together with our Dress Up Day this week on Friday 28th October 2011
- A voluntary coin collection of €1 or €2 will take place during the day
- Monday 31st October – Friday 4th November inclusive
Pre-enrolled Junior Infant Open Evening
- We look forward to welcoming prospective Junior infant parents/guardians to our school on Thursday 17th November 6-8pm
- This is a wonderful opportunity to display the ethos of the school and we look forward to working with the BOM and PTA to ensure the success of this evening
- November 30th 2.10 – 4.40
- December 1st 2.30 – 5.00
We look forward to meeting you at the Parent/Teacher meetings next month. We urge to attend these meetings as it is an invaluable opportunity to meet your child’s teachers and to discuss your child’s progress. Your child’s class teacher will be in contact with you regarding meeting times.
Do Not Consume Drinking Water Notice
Further to the Do Not Consume Drinking Water Notice issued to our school 23/09/11 remains in place until further notice. Water sampling and testing is on-going and I will continue to keep you informed regarding this matter. Please continue to provide adequate drinking water for your child particularly on days where pupils have PE classes. Your continued support in this matter is very much appreciated.
Cycling Safety and Skills School
The Cycling Safety and Skills School awarded a Certificate to the 6th classes for our school’s continued commitment to Road Safety. Well done to all our 6th class pupils!
Our senior boys’ team will play in the Cumann na mBunscoil quarter finals this week – we wish them every success!
Friday Running Club
The Friday Running Club is up and running every Friday at 12 noon. Many thanks to Clodagh and Yvonne and all parents helping to keep this a key activity in our weekly diary.
I have had a number of meetings with Greg and the PTA team and a PTA newsletter will keep you up to date on all developments.
The Board of Management has communicated Traffic Management Guidelines for safe pick-up and drop-off of pupils based on observations of practices since September. Please observe these guidelines in the interest of the health and safety of all our children.
Yard/Playground Operation Free Flow
As a school community we will review the Yard/Playground Operation Free Flow arrangements that have been in place for the past two weeks. We are very pleased with the extended path to the basketball court area and an extended gate will be installed in the coming weeks. This contributes to the safe entry and exit of children school.
School reopens on the Monday 7th November. In the meantime have a safe and happy Halloween mid-term break.